Monday, December 19, 2011

Surprise!...


(notice my Dad is wearing his Packers XLV Superbowl Champions hat)

I came home Friday night after work and two workouts to open the door to a flashing orange light. It was my parents taking a picture of me screaming as they shouted Merry Christmas!

The surprises did not end there! We decided to open up mine and the boy's Christmas gifts the next morning since both of them really couldn't be mailed. My sister and my brother-in-law joined through Google+ hangout since they are hanging out in England for the next 3 years. The boy got a fancy plunge router and I unwrapped a power strip.

Yeah, I was confused...until they told me to follow them downstairs.

(holding the computer with my sister and brother-in-law on the other end)

The boy was in on it all and provided a couple measurements and a good hiding spot until the reveal! I definitely didn't put this on my Christmas list, but it has been something on my own to-do/honey-do list for the early spring.


A custom built lighted plant stand hand crafted by my Dad and inspired by my Mom. This has everything I could ever want and a way better job of me slopping something together. My Dad has some serious skills. Since moving from Maryland to Michigan the vegetable season got a whole lot shorter and this will help me get a great head start. I must start planning! Expect a post about all the fabulous vegetables I will be planting. My sister gave me a stainless steel compost pail too so I should be set for a full home grown organic garden this year.

I am so thankful for having awesome, thoughtful, smart, creative, and caring family.

3 comments:

  1. What an awesome surprise! (And as a huge geek, I love that you brought the whole family together through G+)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! My husband is going to be so jealous when I show him! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just have to say, this was NOT inspired by your mom, but your sister and her husband!!! But it is still cool.

    ReplyDelete